Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same : our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to ensure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We will be open for normal business on Monday May 11, 2020. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will not allow walk-in patients, if you need to pay a bill or purchase something, please call to let us know.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will have a virtual waiting room. When patients arrive, call us from your vehicle to let us know you are here. We will bring any necessary paperwork for you to fill out at your car. When your room is ready we will call you and meet you at the door.
- We ask everyone to apply hand sanitizer and undergo temperature checks upon entering the office. If you have a fever, you will be sent home and your appointment will be re-scheduled.
- We will remove all items from waiting room that can not be sterilized to include magazines.
- We will do our best to allow for social distancing in our office in between appointments.
- We ask that only scheduled patients and parent/guardian come to the office.
- We will be waiving our 48 hour cancellation policy at this time. If you are sick, please re-schedule.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 979-846-7799.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Team at Southern Smiles.